Taylor James are looking for an experienced System Administrator to join our busy London Studio. Must be a hands-on problem solver, have good troubleshooting skills and be logical and methodical in their approach.
Key duties would include maintaining the network & infrastructure and ensuring our security practices are maintained to the highest standards. You must be a team player, someone who is curious and proactive in their work and always looks to maintain the highest of standards.
Experience from within the VFX industry is preferred, as a global business we are forward looking and have a passion for new technologies, the role is critical to allowing our artists to produce the highest quality work and requires a flexible approach to hours and days worked.
We have several key projects scheduled for 2017 and would love to get the right person to help drive these forwards.
· Day to day support of London Systems and Infrastructure.
· Assist in the deployment of systems & infrastructure in line with our IT Roadmap
· Development & Automation of processes and tasks.
· Maintain Data Backups and Archives
Key Attributes / Skills
· Proven track record of resolving basic issues associated with system configuration management, resource sharing and basic networking concepts, DNS, DHCP
· Experience in resolving security issues
· Experience with virtualised machine environments, render pipelines
· Must enjoy complex problem solving and delivering results
· Scripting, PHP, Python & BASH
· Proficient with Windows, Mac & Linux operating systems
· Storage support, management (Hitachi)
· Administration of Active Directory
· IP Switches (Force 10 / Cisco)
· Server Installation, Configuration and Maintenance.
· Network Monitoring (PRTG, Syslog, Nagios)
· System imaging deployment using Windows Deployment Services.
Taylor James is a creative collective, together we are more than the sum of our parts. We are animators, designers, filmmakers, photographers, producers, technologists working together to help our clients tell rich, engaging visual stories that create wonder and spark imagination.
We streamline productions to stretch stories across every screen and to every environment—because stories can live anywhere– from a phone, to a VR headset, to a street corner.
We are artists who work together to create inspiring work and we have fun in the process.
Please send your CV, cover letter and links to projects you were involved in to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the title of the job as the subject heading.
Please note that candidates must be eligible to work in the UK and prepared to work at our London studio. Unfortunately we are unable to offer work-permission sponsorship.